Saturday, June 20, 2009

An Island in the Sun.

Finally, a nice day.  I'm currently sitting out on the front deck of the boat preparing to sail between two volcanic islands.  Once we pass the island we will officially be in Europe because it's where the Mid-Atlantic Ridge lies or something like that.  After dinner we saw dolphins swimming back behind the ship and someone saw whales again.  I hope I get to see more dolphins and whales sometime before we reach the Mediterranean because people are saying we probably won't see them there at all.  I guess we always have like a ten day voyage back too, but still.  We finally on the downward part of our voyage...me made it past the half way point, so we're really excited to finally get off the boat.  It's weird seeing land again after you haven't for a few days.  I never thought about how odd it would be to for days without being in seeing distance from land.  While we were sitting out here doing homework my business professor walked out taking pictures and he saw my International business book laying there and asked me if I would hold the book up and get a picture to show his class back home how far the book has travelled.  It was kind of really funny and now I feel like a huge geek!  But hopefully it'll help me out since I failed his first quiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment