Sunday, January 10, 2010

7th Deck.


This picture is currently my desktop background. Why? you ask. Well, when I was on the MV Explorer this is the site that I had the opportunity to take in almost every day. I would sit against the windows of the Faculty Lounge with my computer on my lap and the wind whipping through my hair every day that I could. The 7th deck of the ship was undoubtedly my favorite deck and it is where I tried to spend as much time as possible. A lot of other people, they'd make their way to the 7th deck pool or the bar, but not me, I'd be on the opposite side taking in the intense winds and feeling alive. Even when we were in port I remember a good many times that we spent the evening up on the front deck waving to people on larger cruise ships, people watching, and laughing.

Now when I look at the background of my computer, I can imagine that I'm not in this cold, dreary, snowy city, but back on the ship with the sun on my face and wind in my hair. The 7th deck is definitely the place I miss most on the ship...if only.

No comments:

Post a Comment